Apart from IIMs, candidates can also use CAT scores for admission to various PG management programs of various government and private management institutes. Aspirants who want to know about CAT 2023 can go through this article to get complete details about CAT eligibility, syllabus, exam pattern, application, fee etc.
CAT 2023 Notifications – Registration extended till 21st September
The last date for CAT 2023 registration has been extended till 21st September 2022. check here For application details.
CAT 2023 exam dates have been announced. It will be organized by IIM Bangalore on 27th November 2022. Check here for exam dates details.
CAT 2023 Highlight
Who is the coordinator of IIMs for CAT 2023? , IIM Bangalore
When will the notification of CAT 2023 be released? , Issued on 31st July 2022
What is the last date for CAT 2023 registration? , Extended till 21st September 2022
When was the registration for CAT 2023 started? , 3 August 2022, Check Application Form Details
When will the CAT 2023 exam be conducted? , 27 November 2022, the inspection Exam Dates Details
When and in which mode CAT exam is conducted? , In online CBT mode, Check Exam Pattern Details
How many times can you attempt CAT exam? No attempt limit.
CAT 2023 Overview
|name of exam||CAT 2023|
|full form||common entrance exam|
|conducting body||Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore|
|Application Mode||online mode|
|Exam Mode||online mode|
|CAT Exam Level||National level|
CAT 2023 Exam Dates
Candidates can check below the complete CAT exam dates for 2023 session:
|planning||Dated 2023 (Announced)|
|issuance of notification||31 July 2022|
|Start of registration process||3 August 2022|
|Last date for submission of application||21 September 2022|
|correction window||September 2022|
|admit card issued||27 October to 27 November 2022|
|mock test||November 2022|
|CAT 2022 Exam||27 November 2022|
|Answer Key Released||December 2022|
|Last date for submission of objection||December 2022|
|Declaration of final answer key||January 2023|
|declaration of result||Second week of January 2023|
CAT 2023 Application Form
Following are the details regarding CAT 2023 registration for the entrance exam:
- CAT 2023 registration process has started 3 August 2022,
- The registration process can be done through online mode.
- Candidates have to get themselves registered by entering their required details.
- The last date for registration for CAT 2023 is till 21 September 2022,
- After registration, candidates have to navigate to the application form and fill other details in the application form along with their name, address, education qualification etc.
- Upload the documents asked during the registration process.
- After uploading the documents and filling the details, candidates have to re-check all the details filled in the application form.
- Make sure to take a printout of the application form and keep it with you for future reference.
Documents required to be uploaded in CAT 2023:
Below are the documents required to be uploaded during CAT registration:
- Scanned copy of caste certificate
- Graduation Degree Marks Certificate and Provisional Certificate
- Scanned photograph and signature image
- Class 10th and 12th pass certificate / mark sheet, etc.
Candidates can submit CAT 2023 Application Fee through online mode Only.
Payment Type: Payment can be made only by using Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking and UPI payment gateway.
Following is the application fee for CAT 2023:
|For candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD||1150/-|
|All other category candidates||Rs.2300/-|
CAT 2023 Application Correction
The authority will provide the CAT application correction facility to make some changes in the details and images uploaded in the CAT application form. Students can upload their uploaded images. will be able to correct in the third week of September 2023,
Eligible candidates will have to log on to the candidate’s dashboard on their website. After logging in, candidates can upload their correct and valid images. However, correction in other details of CAT Application Form 2023 will not be allowed by the authority.
CAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check their eligibility to appear in CAT exam. After verifying the eligibility criteria details candidates can easily apply. Here, you can check the details about CAT eligibility criteria below:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must possess Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent examination from a recognized College/University or Institute.
- Minimum Qualifying Marks: Candidates must have secured at least 50% marks in case of general category candidates (45% marks for SC/ST/PWD candidates) in the qualifying examination.
- Age Range: There will be no age or attempt limit to apply for CAT.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates appearing in the final year of Bachelor’s degree are also eligible to apply. Those having professional degree like CA/CS/ICWA can also apply.
CAT 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the complete CAT Exam Pattern 2023 below:
- Exam Mode: CAT Exam 2023 is conducted through online mode (computer based test).
- Question Types: There will be two types of questions in the exam- Objective and subjective questions will be asked in the exam.
- period of time: A total of two hours will be given to solve the CAT question paper.
- marking scheme: 3 marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer/attempt in the objective type section. However, there will be no negative marking in the subjective section.
Section-wise distribution of questions and marks:
|stream||number of questions||maximum marks|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||32 (24 MCQs; 8 Non MCQs)||96|
|verbal ability and reading comprehension||34 (24 MCQs; 10 Non MCQs)||102|
|quantitative ability||34 (27 MCQs; 7 Non MCQs)||102|
Syllabus for CAT 2023
The latest syllabus for CAT is very generalized and has vast areas. IIMs have not fixed any specific syllabus for CAT, but the questions are mostly based on middle school maths and English subjects or subjects.
The three sections in the CAT Syllabus are Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning, Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension and Quantitative Ability. The detailed syllabus for this section is given below:
Variations, Linear and Quadratic Equations, Time, Speed and Distance, Time and Work, Serd and Index, Critical Path, Mensuration and Geometry, Logarithm, Percentage, Charge and Mixture, Critical Path.
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning:
Line Graphs, Pie Charts, Bar Graphs, Syllogisms, Seating Arrangements, Puzzles, Proposals, Data Arrangements, Blood Relations, Venn Diagrams, Combinations of Graphs, Clocks and Calendars, Data Sufficiency and Concepts.
Verbal and Reading Comprehension:
Analogy, Idioms, Fact Inference Judgment, Para Jumble, Para Completion, Fill in the Blanks, Word Usage, Sentence Correction, etc.
CAT 2023 Preparation Tips
CAT is considered to be one of the toughest management entrance exams in India, but there is still enough time to prepare for CAT 2023.
Here are some CAT preparation tips for the aspirants that they can follow to do well in the exam:
- The candidate must first understand the exam pattern and syllabus thoroughly.
- Identify the sections in which they are strong and weak. Focus more on the weaker sections while practicing the strength topics.
- Go through some previous year question papers to get more familiar with the exam pattern and difficulty of questions.
- Always follow and focus on good books of famous authors.
- Self-study is the main key. You can take help of coaching centers but never trust them completely.
- You can also solve some mock tests for CAT available online.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
CAT 2023 Admit Card
Candidates registered for CAT 2023 will be able to download the admit card. Will be informed that CAT Admit Card will be available from 27 October To 27 November 2022, Details about the candidate like exam centre, schedule and other details like name, roll no. etc. will be mentioned on the admit card.
Candidates need to log in with a valid user ID and password to download the CAT admit card. Admit card is mandatory for every candidate to carry to the examination centre. The admit card should be kept safe till the completion of the admission process as it may be required at the time of counselling.
CAT 2023 Exam Center
CAT 2023 exam will be conducted in 156 cities across India. Some of them are the following:
CAT 2023 Answer Key
CAT 2023 answer key and question paper will be published online on the website of the concerned authority in the month of November/December 2022, All the interested candidates can easily get the CAT Answer Key 2023 from the website.
After successfully downloading the CAT answer key, candidates will be able to match the answers with the answer key. If the candidate is not satisfied with any answer sheet at that time, the candidate can inform the same to the concerned authority in the prescribed time format.
CAT 2023 Result
The scorecard of CAT 2023 will be available on the website. The candidate will also be personally informed by SMS when the CAT result is declared. Scores will be valid till December 2024.
CAT results will be declared in the second week January 2023, Candidates can check their result by using their login id and password.
CAT Score Card
CAT 2023 Cut Off
The cut-off list will probably be available in the month of November 2022, The concerned authority will prepare a cut-off list after analyzing the facts like total number of applications, performance of individual candidates, number of seats available in the institutes etc.
CAT cut off 2023 marks are the qualifying marks which individual candidates must obtain to qualify the exam at least.
CAT 2023 Admission Process
There will be no centralized counseling for CAT 2023 as each IIM will conduct counseling separately based on the score. CAT admission process will start a few weeks after the result declaration. The final admission process will be conducted at the respective IIM campuses.
The admission process will be different for each IIM, hence candidates are advised to visit the website of each IIM individually before applying for the same.
An admission confirmation notice will be sent to each shortlisted candidate through their registered email id and phone number. Candidates have to report at their allotted center within a stipulated time period to accept the admission offer.
If you have. have any other questions related to CAT 2023You can ask your query in the comment section given below.